Picturesque Hiking, Charming Homestay Village & Flight of the Gibbon
This village is part of an ecotourism project designed to bring tourists closer to the rural parts of Thailand. In the afternoon you will learn about the history of this remarkable village and do a beautiful trek around the village. On day two we take a fantastic nature hike through a higher altitude forest and enjoy some incredible views with Flight of the Gibbon in the afternoon. .
The transportation provided for this short tour is an air conditioned mini bus. This is a private tour suitable for groups of two or more with special pricing on a per person basis.
Tour Itinerary & Map (below)
Departing at 8:00 am by mini bus, your guide will meet you at your hotel. It’s a beautiful drive to Mae Orn. We will stop at the San Kampaeng market to buy the ingredients for our lunch and fruit of the season. We will continue to Mae Kam Pong. Upon arrival in Mae Kam Pong we will be met by some of the villagers. You will learn about the history of this remarkable village and make a beautiful trek around the village. Most villagers are engaged in growing bai miang, a kind of plant that can be processed into tea. Apart from bai miang, they also grow coffee and aromatic mushrooms. Other villagers are making handicrafts such as decorated pillows filled with tealeaves, rattan baskets and bamboo furniture. Various short walks are possible around Mae Kam Pong. Our programs is flexible and will be adjusted according to your wishes. Lunch will be either in a homestay in the village or a picnick lunch along the way, depending on the program. A traditional massage is available. Dinner and overnight will be at the Village Homestay.
We rise early to visit the local temple and give alms to the monks. After this we drive the short distance to the ranger station of the Chaesorn National Park. We start the climb to Doi Mon Lan, the highest mountain in this area (appr. 1500 meters). It is a fairly easy hike to the summit from where you have a 360 degrees view over four provinces: Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun and Lampang. We take our time at the top to enjoy the majestic views. When we have had enough we start the descent along a forest trail all the way down to Mae Kam Pong. We’ll make a stop at Mae Kampong Waterfall where you can refresh yourself in the cool water. After this we will head back to our accommodation for a quick shower and a lunch. This afternoon it’s time for one of Thailand’s biggest adventures. Flight of the Gibbon has received worldwide credits and offers a safe, yet adventurous 3-4 hour canopy tour. Flight of the Gibbon features 39 Platforms, which are connected by 3 km of thick steel cables along which you glide between the towering trees from platform to platform, giving you a truly magnificent overview of the forest. We will enjoy a hearty dinner here before making our way back to Chiang Mai in the evening.
Good to Know
About this Tour:Private Tour, not join in basis. Duration of this Tour: 2 Day/1 night
- Departure Time: 08:00
- End Time: 7 - 8 pm
- Difficulty Level: easy
- Transportation: Minibus
- Accommodation: village homestay
What You Should Bring:
- Hiking shoes with good grip
- Sun cream
- Insect repellent (DEET medicated)
- Sun glasses
- Small backpack
Terms & Conditions
Booking the Tour:
- Price in USD, minimum 2 persons per booking or add single supplement fee for solo traveler
- Allow up to 24 hours for TourChoice.com to confirm your booking after you submit your request to us
- Suggest booking a minimum of 1 month in advance during high season (November 1 to April 30)
- This tour offers discounts for multiple persons booking in one group. This is a private tour suitable for groups of two or more with special pricing on a per person basis.
- We accept secure payments by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal
- TourChoice does not receive any customer sensitive data from credit card processing companies
- Prepayment in full once your reservation has been confirmed by TourChoice.com
- A booking voucher & invoice will be emailed to you immediately upon confirmation of your reservation.
- Please read about TourChoice.com's unique consumer protection. See About Us on the main menu
Refund / Cancellation Policy
Guest cancelling within these time periods, fees will apply as follows:
- 15 days prior to departure, full refund less 10% of tour booking
- 3 to 14 days prior to departure, full refund less 25% of tour booking
- less than 72 hours, refund less 50% of tour booking
- less than 24 hours or no show, 100% of tour booking fee is non refundable
Ask about Explore Mae Kampong & Zipline