Remarkable Floating Villas with Unsurpassed Luxury
"Sleeping in Floathouse, quiets night on the river, we enjoyed it so much we had to stay one more night. Very very lovely. Thank you Tourchoice" - Donna, Toronto Canada.
If you are travelling to Thailand, a 3 Day / 2 Night River Kwai adventure tour is the perfect trip highlight. There are 18 amazing air conditioned elegant boutique-floating villas, each villa features private balcony where you can relax and enjoy the tranquility and River Kwai ambience.
Just view all our Photo Gallery or our Tour Video to quickly see this lovelyluxurious Floathouse resort, a jungle oasis.
The tour is on a Join- In basis. The tour includes visits to the Thailand / Burma Railway, The War Museum, War Cemetery, The Bridge on the River Kwai, you will take a ride on the Death Railway which claimed the lives of 100,000 POW's to construct. You will see the Hell Fire Pass Memorial and Mon Village and Mon dance presentation. While at the resort, there are optional activities which you may enjoy. You'll visit the colorful enduring culture of the Mon people with a boat trip to an ethnic tribal village, and then return to the luxurious comfort of the Float House resort to enjoy a live performance of traditional Mon dances.
This River Kwai Tour also features explorations of the region's natural wonders. As an option for a small fee, you can visit the massive stalactites in the Lawa Cave. If you wish to add an additional night, we can arrange that for a reasonable fee, or, if you want your tour to include a visit to the cascading Saiyoke Waterfall, we can accommodate your wishes. Just ask us!
Be sure to watch our video and read the itinerary!
Tour Itinerary & Map (below)
06.00-06.30 Pick up from major hotel in Bangkok downtown area. Depart to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok) 09.00 Arrive Kanchanaburi province Visit Thailand–Burma Railway Centre an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand– Burma Railway. The fully air–conditioned center offers the visitor an educational and moving experience. Visit Allied War Cemetery which is memorial to some 6000 allied prisoners of war (POWs) who perished along the death railway line and were moved post-war to this eternal resting place. Visit the world famous Bridge over the River Kwai, a part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs.
12.00 Take a long–tailed boat on River Kwai to the Float House River Kwai. Check–in and have Lunch upon arrival.
14.45 Take an exciting boat ride upstream to visit nearby ethnic Mon Tribal Village. Then return to the hotel 19.00 Dinner, followed by a 45-minute presentation of Mon Dance Overnight The Float House River Kwai.
07.00 American Breakfast.
08.30 Take an exciting boat ride downstream to Resotel Pier and continue to visit to the Hellfire Pass Memorial.
12.00 Return to Floathouse for lunch.
After lunch visit to Herbal Garden and enjoy jungle trekking into the forest.
You have lots of time for relaxing this afternoon, get a massage, visit the Lawa Cave, go canoeing or just float down the river.
19.00 Dinner and overnight the Float House River Kwai.
7:00am American Breakfast.
11:40am Lunch at local restaurant
1:00pm Take a historic ride on Death Railway Train passing over original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied POWs.
2:30pm Journey back to Bangkok on an air conditioned bus.
6:00pm Arrive Bangkok and transfer to hotels.
Good to Know
Pick Up and Drop Off:
This is door to door service. It can't get any easier. Just be ready for pick up at your downtown Bangkok Hotel between 6:00 to 6:30 am. Either a mini bus or the tour bus itself will pick you up. After your reservation is confirmed and paid, please email TourChoice.com with the name of your hotel in Bangkok. Don't worry, we will remind you.
Food and Meals
The resort serves delicous meals daily for breakfast, lunch and dinners. American breakfasts are served with fresh hot coffee and accompanied with fruits, salads, or muffins and toast. Lunch and dinnerrs are local Thai variety. Choices of fresh fruits and salads are always available. You may order extra or something different a la cart and pay separately if you wish, although food portions are generally never a concern.
What to Bring:
- Bring your swim suit and sense of adventure and be prepared to relax on the River Kwai.
- Bring your passport, your camera, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- It's advisable that you store some of your luggage in your Bangkok hotel.
- You should also make a new reservation to return to that hotel in 2 nights time after the tour. Alternatively, you can bring all your luggage with you if you are flying out from Bangkok on the night that you return after the conclusion of the tour.
Luxurious Floathouse River Kwai Rooms Feature:
- Comfortable 10 inch mattress with luxurious linens, jumbo pillows and soft duvet Double (king size) / Twin beds
- 32” LCD TV with a full selection of local and satellite TV channels DVD Player & Movies
- Free WiFi internet Access (Lobby and in-room)
- Floating Sun Deck Private Terrace
- Relaxing Rain shower with hot / cold water
- Inter-connecting rooms
- Individual air conditioning
- Electronic keycard system
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- In-room safety box
- Refrigerator & mini bar
- Dressing table
- Day bed (only Doubled bed room) (adaptable to an extra bed for 3rd person* surcharge applied )
- Tailor-made armchair and coffee table (only in Twin room)
- Sun bed Complimentary bottled water (refill daily)
- All non-smoking rooms
Tour Itinerary Changes:
Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on road conditions. Rejection of meals does not change the tour fee schedule.
Terms & Conditions
Booking the Tour:
- Minimum 2 persons per booking required or add single supplement fee for solo traveler.
- Allow up to 24 hours for TourChoice.com to confirm your booking after you submit your request to us.
- Please note that pricing is per person.
- All prices in $US dollars
- We accept secure payments by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal
- TourChoice does not receive any customer sensitive data from credit card processing companies
- Prepayment in full once your reservation has been confirmed by TourChoice.com
- A booking voucher & invoice will be emailed to you immediately upon confirmation of your reservation.
- Suggest booking a minimum of 2 months in advance during high season (November 1 to April 30)
- Please read about TourChoice.com's unique consumer protection.
2 – 12 years occupying the parents room.
Refund / Cancellation Policy:
If the guest cancels the trip, the following applies: Number of days prior to trip start:
- 21 days or more, full refund less 5% of tour price
- 20 to 15 days, full refund less 10% of tour price
- 14 days or less, refund less 50% of tour price
- 1 day before, no show, forfiet 100% of tour price
Should there be any rejection of meals or sight-seeing tours; it cannot be claimed as a reason for refund or discount.
Ask about FloatHouse River Kwai Tour