Activate your Fun on the River
Tour the River Kwai and stay in Thai style log cabins transformed with modern facilities, reborn as the Home Phutoey River Kwai Resort. Situated on a generous land area by the river puts you in natural surroundings making this fine destination for nature and activity lovers. You can do some bird watching, jungle trekking or take an elephant ride. There are fun water bicycles or go kayaking, and mountain biking. There's a natural mineral hotspring to relax in and of course, the famous WW II River Kwai Museum, not to mention the the Treetop Adventure Park.
The Home Phutoey River Kwai Tour includes a visit to the Thailand-Burma Railway Centre and Hellfire Pass Memorial. This is worth a visit, reflecting back on history, you will learn amazing details about the construction of the “Death Railway” which was built during World War II by Allied POW's. The War Cemetery demonstrates the terrible human cost of the railway’s construction. As you walk on the historic Bridge of the River Kwai and as you take a ride on the infamous train line that took the lives of 100,000 POWs and Asian workers to build, its hard to fathom the conditions of the time but a trip into the museum provides a clear reminder.
On this trip, you will travel by boat to visit the colorful Mon people, an endearing culture in their ethnic tribal village. After this, return to the comfort of the Home Phutoey River Kwai Resort to enjoy a live performance of traditional Mon dances.
Check out the itinerary and what's included and don't forget to watch our video!
Tour Itinerary & Map (below)
6:00-6:30 am: Pick up from major hotel in Bangkok downtown area. Depart to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok)9:00 am: Arrive Kanchanaburi province. Visit Thailand–Burma Railway Centre an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand– Burma Railway. The fully air–conditioned center offers the visitor an educational and moving experience.
Visit Allied War Cemetery which is memorial to some 6000 allied prisoners of war (POWs) who perished along the death railway line and were moved post-war to this eternal resting place.
Visit the world famous Bridge over the River Kwai, a part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs.12:00: Take a long–tailed boat on River Kwai to Home Phutoey River Kwai. Check–in and have a nice Thai lunch upon arrival.
Plenty of personal time today with options such as the relaxing hot springs or hiking.3:00 pm: Visit Hellfire Pass Memorial7:00 pm: Thai Food Dinner and overnight at Home Phutoey River Kwai Resort
7:00am American Breakfast8:00 am: Visit nearby ethnic Mon Tribal Village for Jungle Trekking (optional tour: Elephant ride)12:00: A nicely prepared Thai food lunch1:00 pm: Afternoon at own leisure (Many lake activities are available; Pedal boat, Lake Kayaking or Mineral Hotspring bath)7:00 pm: Enjoy a Thai food dinner and overnight at Home Phutoey River Kwai Resort
7:00 am: American Breakfast8:00 am: Visit Home Phutoey Peace Park; explore the whole collection of “Image as a Japanese Prisoner of war” by Jack Chalker, a British artist while a prisoner of war in the camp over 3-year period.11:00 am: Check-out and transfer for lunch at local Thai restaurant.1:00 pm: Take a historic ride on Death Railway Train passing over original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied POWs2:30 pm: Journey back to Bangkok by air conditioned bus.6:00 pm: Arrive safely at your hotel in Bangkok
Good to Know
Pick Up and Drop Off:
It can't get any easier because this tour offers pick up at your downtown Bangkok Hotel between 6:00 to 6:30 am. Either a mini bus or the tour bus itself will pick you up. After your reservation is confirmed and paid, please email TourChoice.com with the name of your hotel in Bangkok. Don't worry, we will remind you.
Lunch and dinnerrs are local Thai variety. Choices of fresh fruits and salads are always available. Home Phutoey serves up delicous and generous portions meals daily for breakfast, lunch and dinners. American breakfasts are served with fresh hot coffee and accompanied with fruits, salads, or muffins and toast.
What to Bring:
- Your sense of adventure
- swim suit
- Bring your passport, your camera, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen because you may want to float down the river or lounging in the hot springs.
- You can store some of your luggage in your Bangkok hotel, or, you can bring all your luggage with you if you are flying out from Bangkok on the night that you return after the conclusion of the tour.
Terms & Conditions
Booking the Tour:
- Price USD, per person or add single supplement fee for solo traveler.
- Allow up to 24 hours for TourChoice.com to confirm your booking after you submit your request to us.
- We accept secure payments by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal
- TourChoice does not receive any customer sensitive data from credit card processing companies
- Prepayment in full once your reservation has been confirmed by TourChoice.com
- A booking voucher & invoice will be emailed to you immediately upon confirmation of your reservation.
- Suggest booking a minimum of 2 months in advance during high season (November 1 to April 30)
- Please read about TourChoice.com's unique consumer protection.
Rate applies for 2 – 12 years occupying the parents room.
Refund / Cancellation Policy:
If the guest cancels the trip, the following applies: Number of days prior to trip start:
- 21 days or more, full refund less 5% of tour price
- 20 to 15 days, full refund less 10% of tour price
- 14 days or less, refund less 50% of tour price
- 1 day before, no show, forfiet 100% of tour price
- rejection of meals or sight-seeing tours; cannot be reason for refund or discount.
Ask about Home Phutoey River Kwai Tour