Tune Up with a Short Ride, Get a Taste of Thai life!
The Mae Klong River opens into a delta that sprawls before reaching the Gulf of Thailand. We enjoy a variety of riding, on this tour you will experience all types of terrain.
On day one we will visit a famous Thailand floating market. After a good look around and perhaps a little shopping, we head off through the fascinating maze of canals, which make this a fascinating start to bike our bike ride. You will also will take in temples and plantations that produce all types of fruits as we meander though the back roads to our wonderful small hotel on the canal banks. Sounds delightful and it really is a well planned cycling route. This is a tour not to miss.
- Tour starts and ends in Bangkok
- Cycling Days - 3 days
- Cycling Distance - 94 kilometers
- Difficulty 2 out of 5
- Good for all level of fitness
You are led by a local English-speaking tour guides who are well informed in the history and culture of the area where you are biking. Our guides enjoy passing that knowledge on to you.
Bikes Included in the Tour
All bikes are very well maintained and we use well-known makes of hybrid or mountain bikes with lightweight alloy frames, 24- to 27-speed, v-brakes and Shimano components and front suspension.
Food and Drink
Meals are included. Just read our itinerary please and see the tour map! Meals are delicous and nutricious. We can accommodate special dietary requirements as long as you let us know when you book with us.
We definitely keep completely hydrated. It's very important. Cold water, some energy-restoring local fruit and soft drinks are all included in your tour price. You will want for nothing! Beer is available everywhere and you may want one at the end of the day, but is not included in the price.
Tour Itinerary & Map (below)
7:00 am. We transfer out of Bangkok to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. After discovering the sights and sounds of the floating market, we embark on a long tail boat and cruise through a maze of canals cutting through local villages and various plantations. This eye-opening boat ride offers a glimpse of Thailand of old where local people are going about their daily life with the canal as the focal point. Arriving at Wat Amphawan Chetiyaram you can enjoy the history and beauty of the temple before we mount our bikes and start our ride. We cycle through coconut plantations and fruit orchards. Riding quiet back roads and jeep trails we stop to visit temples, including an unusual one, and appreciate the countryside. Depending on the season, you will see lychee, pomelo, guava and coconuts ripe for picking. Having enjoyed a delicious Thai lunch at a riverside restaurant, we continue cycling on picturesque trails through lush vegetation towards a former timber mill
converted into a charming small hotel. Tonight we stay at the Chotika Riverfront. Today's Ride 32 km.
After a leisurely breakfast we transfer for approx 1.5 hours to Kaeng Krachan National Park. Thailand’s largest national park, Kaeng Krachan is an excellent place for an adventurous day. We visit the park’s headquarters on the edge of a large reservoir and enjoy the views and cool breezes. We ride along the lake’s shoreline and across an impressive dam before heading inland along trails and quiet country roads. We will stop often in this tranquil area to take in the wonderful views and give you time to take photos. There are some small hills but nothing too strenuous or taxing. The ride will end at our very comfortable, secluded and beautiful resort beside the river set in wonderfully landscaped grounds. Here we have time for a swim or massage before we enjoy a great dinner and stay at the Petchvarin Hotel. Ride 27 km today.
We start the day with a short transfer of approx 1.5 hours to our start point, to just outside Hua Hin. On this fascinating ride we pass through fishing villages, past schools, temples and many coconut plantations. We pass along by the coast to Khao Kalok which is a large rock that separates one bay from another and an excellent view point. The ride will end at a local restaurant overlooking the sea and where we will have lunch and a chance to rest before heading to a local resort, back to Hua Hin or Bangkok. Ride 25 km today.
Good to Know
Accommodations and Trip Route
The routes have been chosen to assure you of seeing the best scenery and having a ride on the best terrain, be it on road or dirt. We have carefully chosen accommodations finding the best available for the location to offer a good mix from home stays to luxurious lodges on all tours. Read the itinerary for the names of hotels and resorts on route.
Good quality tarmac roads or dirt tracks over primarily flat terrain with a few small hills, mixing hard-packed jeep trails and smooth tarmac.
Basic spares and tools are carried by the guide and on the support vehicle, though we cannot guarantee having spares for every conceivable problem. Carrying a basic tool kit, a spare tube and a pump while riding is recommended.
Wearing a helmet is strongly recommended on all our biking adventures and if you choose not to wear one you will be asked to sign a liability waiver. Your tour leader is trained in first aid and emergency rescue, but to a large degree you must be responsible for your own safety while riding.
We will be supported by an air-conditioned vehicle that has been specially modified for cycle tours. The vehicle follow us the whole time and it is very easy to get bikes on and off, so you can rest when you are tired and cycle whenever you feel like it.
Passports and Visas
All nationalities require a passport for entry into Thailand. Please ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 months from date of entry. If staying less than 30 days then a visa in advance is not required by European, North American, Australian and many other nationalities.
We recommend that you visit a travel medical doctor and ask about the following vaccinations: typhoid, polio, tetanus and hepatitis A.
Thailand has a tropical climate with fairly high humidity. There are three seasons: from March to June it is hot and dry, with temperatures between 27 and 40C, with night temperatures in the 20s. The rainy season is from July to October, but temperatures are slightly lower, because of the effect of the rain. During this time it will not rain continuously. Mostly in the morning or evening.
We recommend that you tuck away a few extra dollars, perhaps US$20, for incidentals.
The Thai currency is the baht. ATMs, which are abundant, are the easiest ways to get Thai baht. Have a supply of US dollars in cash on hand, just in case your card doesn’t work. Banks or the more rare private money changers offer the best foreign-exchange rates. Credit cards are accepted in big cities and resort hotels but you’ll need baht for family-run guesthouses or small restaurants.
Terms & Conditions
Booking the Tour
- All prices in $US dollars, price is per person.
- Minimum 2 persons per booking required or add single supplement fee for solo traveler.
- Same day confirmations or allow up to 24 hours for booking confirmations
- Suggest booking a minimum of 2 months in advance during high season (November 1 to April 30)
- We accept secure payments by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal
- TourChoice does not receive any customer sensitive data from credit card processing companies
- A booking voucher & invoice will be emailed to you immediately upon confirmation of your reservation.
- Please read about TourChoice.com's unique consumer protection under About Us off the main menu.
When Booking, Please Provide:
- First name & Family name
- Country of origin
- Valid email adressess
- Heights of all guests; to select correct bike size (comments field on booking page)
- Pick up & Drop off hotel name if known (comments field on booking page) or we will remind you later
- Dietary or special meal requirement(s) (comments field on booking page)
- This tour is on a join in basis.
- Departs every Tuesday from Bangkok based on a minimum of 2 participants. Groups are never more than 16 people and a minimum of 2 people are required to run the tour.
- Pick up times are between between 6:30 am to 7:30 am at your hotel. You will receive a reminder phone call at your hotel the night before.
- If you do not know your hotel at time of booking this tour with us, please be sure to email us the name and the contact information for your hotel well before your tour departure date.
- Please be sure that the guest check in name at your hotel matches the guest name that we have on file.
Refund / Cancellation Policy:
If the guest cancels the trip, the following applies: Number of days prior to trip start:
- 7 days or more - full refund less 5% of tour price
- 6 to 3 days - full refund less 25% of tour price
- 1 or 2 days before - refund less 50% of tour price
- No show - forfiet 100% of tour price
Child Policy & Single Supplement Fees
- Children under 12, the correct rate will auto fill on the booking form.(price ranges from $389 to $415, season depending)
- Single supplement fee is $89
Changes to Itinerary
In remote destinations, road, weather or other conditions can occasionally change which means the itinerary can be subject to change. The guides will do their best to adhere to the original itinerary but if a change is necessary, guides cannot be held responsible. Its best for guests to understand, remain flexible will enjoy your adventure.
Ask about Hua Hin Cycling Explorer