The Allure of Pai and Thai Style Harmony
Fantastic eye opening tour & cultural experience and a great spa just outside of Mae Hong Son! - Jane C, Waterloo Ontario
This is a tour for people who want to relax, see the sights and familiarize themselves Pai and Mae Hong Son. Visit local villages, hilltribes, markets, expore a super natural cave system and visit some stunning temples before returning back to Chiang Mai.
Traveling in style on your private tour with your companions, your guide and driver will chauffeur you and your group to artsy Pai where the music scene is alive and well. The town of Pai includes a mix of modern Thai culture in an idylic rural kind of way. Pai is surrounded by beautiful farms situated in rolling hills. Your adventure will include visiting delightful waterfalls, a exploring a cave system, a fantastic morning on a remote river cruise upstream where you will meet peaceful people from the Long Neck Karen Tribe. Quaint and cute Mae Hong Son will charm you with its picturesque setting. This trip offers incredible value and its one to surely enjoy and not to miss. Thai style good quality accommodations in rural relaxed settings are included.
Tour Itinerary & Map (below)
This morning, meet your guide and depart on a three-hour drive into the mountains to the town of Pai. On the way, make a stop in the village of Mae Malai, where you'll visit the interesting local market. Your guide will explain you about some of the local products on sale here. The next stop is the Mork Fah Waterfall. This small but pretty waterfall is part of the Huay Nam Dang National Park. If you want you can swim here. Continue to Pong Deuad Hot Springs where will stop briefly. Continue to Pai along the winding and very scenic road that leads through Huay Nam Dang National Park. Enjoy a picnic lunch at the campsite of Huay Nam Dang national park. After lunch drive to the Karen village Baan Mae Ping. This village has been developed into a craft center. This craft center was established here to help raising the standard of living and to promote exquisite craftsmanship of Karen people. Here the process of weaving and dyeing cloth is demonstrated. Late this afternoon you will arrive in Pai, a small town surrounded by impressive mountains. Overnight at Pai Hot Spring Spa Resort in a standard room.
This morning, after breakfast, depart on the journey to Mae Hong Son, stopping en route to first visit the Lisu village of Nam Rin and then Soppong, where you will explore the enormous cave, Tham Lod. The limestone cliffs and caves in this area are truly stunning. If water levels are favorable, which they should be, take bamboo rafts through Tham Lod Cave on a subterranean river. There are three main caverns here, some with towering Stalactites and Limestone Columns; others have prehistoric wall paintings and archaeological relics.
This afternoon, arrive in the small border town of Mae Hong Son, a city with Burmese, Thai and Shan influences. Enjoy a brief tour of this pleasant city, walking around Chong Kham Lake, a park-like setting with beautiful gardens and Buddhist temples. There will be stops to visit Burmese style temples like Wat Chong Klang and the neighboring monastery, and finally Wat Kong Mu, sitting atop a hill just west of town. The temple contains a beautiful image of Buddha carved from alabaster. Overnight Fern Resort in a deluxe room
This morning we will visit the small local market of Mae Hong Son. Board a local boat for an entertaining ride on the Pai River to Baan Piang Din, a settlement of the Long Neck people. Your guide will explain about the situation of these gentle people. Return to Mae Hong Son by boat. Lunch will be at Fern restaurant. After this you will visit some interesting Burmese style Buddhist temples such as Wat Jong Klang and Wat Jong Kham. Transfer to the Mae Hong Son Airport for the short 30 minute flight back to to Chiang Mai Mae ( Kan Air ) about $45.
Good to Know
About this Tour
- Private Guided Tour
- Duration of this Tour: 3 Day/2 night
- Departure Time: 08:00
- End Time: about 3:30 pm on the 3rd day
- Difficulty Level: easy
- Transportation: air conditioned mini van
- Accommodations: Pai Hot Spring Spa Resort and the Fern Resort
At the conclusion of this tour, the guide can drive you to the airport in Mae Hong Son for return short flight back to Chiang Mai ( Kan Air ) There are 3 flights daily, the cost is about $45 for a one way 35 minute flight. http://www.kanairlines.com/main. Kan Air is a small regional airline servicing northern Thailand.
Dinners are intentionally left open on this tour allowing you to choose how you spend your evenings.
What You Should Bring:
- Hiking shoes with good grip
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
Terms & Conditions
Booking the Tour:
- Price in USD, minimum 2 persons per booking or add single supplement fee for solo traveler.
- Allow up to 24 hours for TourChoice.com to confirm your booking after you submit your request to us.
- Suggest booking a minimum of 2 months in advance during high season (November 1 to April 30)
- This tour offers discounts for up to 8 persons booking in one group with special pricing on a per person basis.
- This is a private tour suitable for groups of two or more.
- We accept secure payments by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal
- TourChoice does not receive any customer sensitive data from credit card processing companies
- Prepayment in full once your reservation has been confirmed by TourChoice.com
- A booking voucher & invoice will be emailed to you immediately upon confirmation of your reservation.
- Please read about TourChoice.com's unique consumer protection.
Refund / Cancellation Policy
Guest cancelling within these time periods, fees will apply as follows:
- 15 days prior to departure, full refund less 10% of tour booking
- 3 to 14 days prior to departure, full refund less 25% of tour booking
- less than 72 hours, refund less 50% of tour booking
- less than 24 hours or no show, 100% of tour booking fee is non refundable
Ask about Mae Hong Son Loop