Cyclists, Start your Engines - Enjoy a Scenic Ride!
Get your riding legs in gear, while we whisk you away from busy Bangkok to spend two days on the road bike riding with fresh ocean breezes, undulating country roads and of course, we have a cycling friendly resort waiting for you. Its time to relax at one of the two pools in the tropical gardens. Of course at night you can always venture out to Pattaya, a place with lively beaches, a happening bar scene and where people watching is an eye opening experience in the evening!
- Tour begins and ends in Bangkok
- You will cycle 210 kilomters
- This is a 2 day cycling trip
- Difficulty level - we give it a 3 out of 5
- Some experience in cycling is best with a a good level of fitness
You are led by a local English-speaking tour guides who are well informed in the history and culture of the area where you are biking. Our guides enjoy passing that knowledge on to you.
Bikes Included in the Tour
All bikes are very well maintained and we use well-known makes of hybrid or mountain bikes with lightweight alloy frames, 24- to 27-speed, v-brakes and Shimano components and front suspension.
Food and Drink
Meals are included. Meals are delicous and nutricious. We know you will love it. Any special dietary requirements can also be catered for as well. Please let us know when you book with us.
We love to keep completely hydrated. Cold water, some energy-restoring local fruit and soft drinks are all included in your tour price. You will want for nothing! Beer is available everywhere and you may want one at the end of the day, but is not included in the price.
Tour Itinerary & Map (below)
7:00 am. In the morning we transfer out of Bangkok to Pattaya and start the ride along the gulf coast of eastern Thailand. The first section will be undulating as we ride from the hills to the sea. We ride along Namrin Beach, Phala Beach, Utapao and Satthahip. There will be little traffic and fewer tourists on these beaches, where we can see the bright blue fishing boats heading out to sea, We'll pass the Utapao airport and ride to a very local beach where we'll take a break and if you are in the mood, have a quick swim before we start our ride back to Pattaya. After a local lunch we ride directly to our eco-friendly resort with a garden pool, pleasurable spa and a tempting french bakery. The general manager is an avid cyclist and has racks set up and ready for your bikes. Have a relaxing afternoon before meeting up again for a buffet dinner that will replace all the calories you burned off! The buffet features Italian food so there are choices of fresh salads, pasta to carbo load and a BBQ if you are craving proteins. All to prepare you for the morning ride! Tonight we stay at Woodlands Resort. Ride up to 130 km today.
7:30 am. We have arranged for the breakfast buffet to start early for us so we can hit the road before it heats up too much. Today we ride on undulating country roads and rolling hills to the locals' favorite mountain of Khao Cheejan. it's has a gigantic Buddha image of 130m tall, a landmark of the district which can be seen from kilometres away. After a quick stop for photos we continue on the short distance to Silverlake Winery, where we'll have a drink stop of local grape juice. Some of the roads will be tree lined offering you some shade and respite from the sun and there will be some short hills to tackle, but nothing too steep. Later we ride back to the resort for showers, lunch and then it's time to pack up the bikes for an afternoon transfer to Bangkok. Ride up to 80 km.
Good to Know
Accommodations and Trip Route
You'll have a good ride on the nice terrain, be it on road or dirt. Please check the itinerary for the names of places where we will stay. We book the best accommodations that we can find, offering a good mix from home stays to luxurious lodges on all tours.
We ride on small back roads with little traffic. The terrain is undulating with a few short, steep climbs thrown in to the mix as we cycle in the hills behind Pattaya and then loop down to the sea. An air-conditioned bus travels behind the group for support and participants can cycle as much or as little as they like.
Basic spares and tools are carried by the guide and on the support vehicle, though we cannot guarantee having spares for every conceivable problem.
Wearing a helmet is strongly recommended on all our biking adventures and if you choose not to wear one you will be asked to sign a liability waiver. Your tour leader is trained in first aid and emergency rescue, but to a large degree you must be responsible for your own safety while riding.
An air-conditioned vehicle that has been specially modified for cycle tours follows us the whole time so you can rest when you are tired and cycle whenever you feel like it. Your guide’s expert knowledge of the area and terrain means that you always know what is coming up in terms of distance and difficulty.
Passports and Visas
All nationalities require a passport for entry into Thailand. Please ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 months from date of entry. If staying less than 30 days then a visa in advance is not required by European, North American, Australian and many other nationalities.
We recommend that you visit a travel medical doctor and ask about the following vaccinations: typhoid, polio, tetanus and hepatitis A.
Thailand has a tropical climate with fairly high humidity. There are three seasons: from March to June it is hot and dry, with temperatures between 27 and 40C, with night temperatures in the 20s. The rainy season is from July to October, but temperatures are slightly lower, because of the effect of the rain. During this time it will not rain continuously. Mostly in the morning or evening.
The Thai currency is the baht. ATMs, which are abundant, are the easiest ways to get Thai baht. Credit cards are accepted in big cities and resort hotels but you’ll need baht for family-run guesthouses or small restaurants.
Terms & Conditions
Booking the Tour
- All prices in US dollars, per person
- Minimum 2 persons per booking required or add single supplement fee for solo traveler.
- Same day confirmations or allow up to 24 hours for booking confirmation
- Suggest booking 1 month in advance for high season (November 1 to April 30)
- We accept secure payments by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal
- TourChoice does not receive any customer sensitive data from credit card processing companies
- Prepayment in full once your reservation has been confirmed by TourChoice.com
- A booking voucher & invoice will be emailed to you immediately upon confirmation of your reservation.
- Please read about TourChoice.com's unique consumer protection.
When Booking, Please Provide:
- First name & Family name and email address
- Heights of all guests; to select correct bike size (comments field on booking page)
- Pick up & Drop off hotel if known (comments field on booking page) if not, we will remind you
- Dietary or special meal requirement(s) (comments field on booking page)
- This tour is on a join in basis. Departs every Tuesday and Saturday from Bangkok based on a minimum of 2 participants
- Groups are never more than 16 people and a minimum of 2 people are required to run the tour
- Pick up times at your Bangkok hotel are between 6:30 to 7:30 am to exit before traffic
- The tour desk will call you at your hotel the night before. Please ensure the guest check in name at the hotel is the same as the guest name that we have on file.
Refund / Cancellation Policy:
If the guest cancels the trip, the following applies: Number of days prior to trip start:
- 7 days or more - full refund less 5% of tour price
- 6 to 3 days - full refund less 25% of tour price
- 1 or 2 days before - refund less 50% of tour price
- No show - forfiet 100% of tour price
- Not particulary suitable for children under 12 unless very fit
- Single supplement fee of $61
Changes to Itinerary
In remote destinations, road, weather or other conditions can occasionally change which means the itinerary can be subject to change. The guides will do their best to adhere to the original itinerary but if a change is necessary, guides cannot be held responsible. Its best for guests to understand, remain flexible will enjoy your adventure.
Ask about Road Cycling Pattaya