Best of the Best of the Best - Phuket Kayaking Adventure
It includes an excellent three day meal plan and two nights camping wiht a cook included. 9AM departure on Day One and Talin drop-off for Krabi visitors.It starts with hotel pick up anywhere in Phuket.
Phang Nga Bay’s Top Adventure is by support boat all three days with one night camping in Phang Nga Bay and one night camping on an island near Krabi. This trip has the time to kayak in two of Thailand’s most beautiful remote spots and the backside of Koh Bele’. Participants say the “Mini Expedition” is Thailand’s premier adventure.
This trip literally puts you in your own documentary. You are getting the best with John Gray's sea kayaking expeditions. Starting in 1983, John Gray won a 1985 Emmy award for “Moloka’i’s Forgotten Frontier”. The show also won a “Teddy” from the US National Outdoor Writers Council for 1985’s “Best Environmental Education” documentary. John Gray still produces video shorts which appear in international network documentaries.
A strong passion for the environment is evident with the guide and crew. They do everything they can to make this tour and the beach camping a special experience. For these and other reasons, the exact beaches that are selected for camping are not published.
Tour Itinerary & Map (below)
Hotel Pick-up from 200 to 1:00. Arrive Ao Po Pier and we board 1-4 guests in Fast Longtail or 5 or more board our modern Twin-engine escort boat.
Enjoy a nice Thai style light lunch while you receive a trip, nature and game briefing. Arrive first Island and explore 1 – 2 caves and hongs. Return to the escort boat and move to the second island explore two more caves and hongs. Self paddle, swim and make your own Loi Kratong before sunset.
Thai seafood buffet dinner during a lovely Phang Nga Bay sunset. Return to your kayak after dark to float your Loi Kratong at about 8:00. Drop off at Beach camp, night paddle with dinoflagellates at full strength into empty caves and dark hongs (totally quiet, but strong bioluminescence). Strong paddlers sometimes circumnavigate Koh Penak -3-4 hours plus time in hongs.
Sunrise paddle, and breakfast Break camp Depart for Northern region of Phang Nga Bay – paddle at least two islands and extremely picturesque secret spot. Lunch in a Thai village Two more Island paddles Arrive at second campsite – staff make camp while you paddle. Dinner on the beach. Optional night paddle, enjoy beach camping, the stars or swimming!
Sunrise paddle and breakfast
Depart for Eastern region of Phang Nga Bay – paddle at least two islands and extremely picturesque secret spot.
Lunch at Thai restaurant on Krabi side.
Paddle excellent mangrove and limestone
Krabi drop-off for Tarutao Add-On or return to Phuket Island (Ao Po Pier).
6:00 to 7:00 pm Return to Ao Po Pier, van transfer to anywhere on Phuket
Good to Know
“The original, still the most reputable and by far the most ecologically sensitive company on Phuket. Like any good brand in Thailand, “John Gray’s SeaCanoe” name and itineraries have been frequently copied but never duplicated.’’
- Lonely Planet
Terms & Conditions
Booking the Tour
- Minimum 2 persons per booking normally required
- Booking confirmations range from same day, up to 24 hours after you submit your request to us
- We confirm to you by email with a Tour Voucher receipt
- Pricing in USD, per person and include service and government tax
- Booking a minimum of 21 days in advance is recommended during peak season (Nov to April)
- We accept secure payments by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal
- TourChoice does not receive any customer sensitive data from credit card processing companies
- Once you have been confirmed by TourChoice.com, payment in full or deposit is required in order to hold your reservation
- 25% deposit is required to hold reservation if booking 6 weeks or more in advance
- Payment in full is due 21 days before tour start date
Custom departures and Availability
- Tour departs on Wednesday's and Sunday's.
- Custom departures can be arranged for the cost of $150 per booking.
- This tour departs rain or shine. Raincoats are provided if necessary
- For safety reasons the crew may amend the itinerary
- Children aged 5 to 12 are 50% off adult rate.
- Children under age 5 are welcome and at no charge
Refund / Cancellation Policy
- Refundable if cancelled 4 days or more prior to tour start date, less 5% of tour cost
- Cancelling 3 days or less and no shows are non refundable.
Tour guide and tour operator is not responsible for lost valuables. Recommend that you do not bring jewelery or large amounts of money. Dry bags are available but be careful with cameras.
What to Bring
- large towel
- warm clothing for evenings
- hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
Ask about Sea Kayaking Phang Nga Bay