A Short and Sweet Way to Experience Chiang Mai
During this short but very action-packed program you will experience authentic tribal culture, trek through the forest, ride elephants and enjoy bamboo as well as whitewater rafting. The trip ends with an exciting tree top adventure in the Mae Sa valley. You will fly from tree to tree but also will have to face some exciting challenges such a rope bridges and hanging bridges and you will even ride a bicycle from one tree to the other.
Tour Itinerary & Map (below)
Your guide will pick you up at the hotel. You will drive to the north into the mountains near Chiang Dao. First we will stop at a local market. Your guide will do some shopping for the coming days. He will take you along and will explain about the different ingredients he will be using for dinner. Continue to the Mae Taeng area where your elephant is waiting for you. Enjoy a gentle ride through the forest. Then it is time for action. After safety instructions you will get in your rubber raft to negotiate the rapids of the Mae Taeng River. Then it is time for a short and relaxing bamboo raft trip before we drive to Chiang Dao where we will have lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch we will start trekking. The trail has a few steep hills but most of the trail is relatively easy. All together we walk about 2,5 – 3 hours. We will invite you to recognize wild ginger, rattan and the pitcher plant in the forest and tell you all about bamboo and its many uses. Late in the afternoon we will reach our final destination of today, the Palong village Pang How. Late in the afternoon we will reach our final destination of today, the Palong village Mae Chon. After arrival in the village you can relax, explore the village or learn some Thai cooking by helping your guide prepare the dinner. After dinner you will meet some of the villagers. Overnight will be in one of the village houses.
After the sounds of nature and the locals woke you up, your guide will prepare breakfast. After breakfast your guide will show you around the village. He will explain about the village shrine and about the ‘huja rawl’, the After the sounds of nature and the locals woke you up, your guide will prepare breakfast. After breakfast your guide will show you around the village. He will explain about the village shrine and about the ‘huja rawl’, the ‘village heart’.
After this we will say goodbye to the villagers and start trekking for about 1.5 hours to the Karen village Thakilek. Along the way we will stop at Lahu village Ban Huay Bong where we will visit the very interesting spirit temple and a black smith. At the Karen village our car is waiting to bring us to the Mae Sa Valley where you will join the tree top program Flying Squirrels. After arrival we will first enjoy a delicious Thai lunch before we proceed to the start of this extraordinary adventure. Flying Squirrels is about nature and fun. It is more than just a zipline adventure. The course, built high amidst the treetops, takes advantage of the natural terrain of the forest. Participants can feel the living energy from the support trees. You will not only fly from tree to tree but also will have to negotiate rope bridges, ride a bicycle between trees and face other challenges. This adventure will take about three hours after which we will transfer you back to Chiang Mai. We will drop you at your hotel at around 6 pm.
Good to Know
About this Tour
- This is a private tour with guide, car and driver
- The duration is 2 Day/1 night
- You get picked up at 8 am
- You get dropped off between 7 - 8 pm
- Difficulty Level: super easy and with a bit of hiking
- Your transportation is a minibus
- The ccommodations are a Village Homestay
You Should Bring:
- Short sleeve shirts for the day time (and a spare one)
- Long sleeves for the evening (especially in the winter Dec- end of Jan it can be a bit cool)
- Shoes with good grip
- A cap, Suncream, sandals
- Your personal toiletries
- Fully charged batteries or even an extra battery for your camera.
- 1000-1500 Thai Baht per person in small notes (not bigger than 500 Thai Baht and plenty of 100 Thai Baht notes). for souvenirs, drinks and tips.
Weather conditions and other conditions on the ground may cause adjustments to the itinerary or trekking. If it is necessary to adjust the program we will always make sure that the quality of your experience and your personal safety are safeguarded.
Terms & Conditions
Booking the Tour:
- Price in USD, per person with a minimum 2 persons per booking or add single supplement fee for solo traveler.
- Allow up to 24 hours for TourChoice.com to confirm your booking after you submit your request to us.
- Suggest booking a minimum of 1 month in advance during high season (November 1 to April 30)
- This tour offers discounts for up to 8 persons booking in one group with special pricing on a per person basis.
- We accept secure payments by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal
- TourChoice does not receive any customer sensitive data from credit card processing companies
- Prepayment in full once your reservation has been confirmed by TourChoice.com
- A booking voucher & invoice will be emailed to you immediately upon confirmation of your reservation.
- Please read about TourChoice.com's unique consumer protection.
Refund / Cancellation Policy
Guest cancelling within these time periods, fees will apply as follows:
- 15 days prior to departure, full refund less 10% of tour booking
- 3 to 14 days prior to departure, full refund less 25% of tour booking
- less than 72 hours, refund less 50% of tour booking
- less than 24 hours or no show, 100% of tour booking fee is non refundable
Ask about Trekking & Flying Squirrels Zipline