A Short and Sweet Adventure for Families
You are in for a treat because you will camp safari style in the zoo and go on a night tour to see the animals in their natural element. Of course, we pick you up in Bangkok first then we make our get-away.
Enjoy and experience quaint central Thailand's way of life. Ancient Siam is where we start, then we will transfer to the Nong Kho Reservoir to begin cycling. On your smooth ride, you will cycle around a reservoir on a tarmac roads and then we will enjoy a small dirt track for a while. Skirting a local canal, passing through pineapple and tapioca fields, the scenery is very pretty with a jungle in the not too distant background.
- Tour starts and ends in Bangkok
- Cycling Distance - 40 kilometers
- Cycling Days - 1. 5 days
- Difficulty - Super easy! Great for anyone who loves animals
You are led by a local English-speaking tour guides who are well informed in the history and culture of the area where you are biking. Our guides enjoy passing that knowledge on to you.
Bikes Included in the Tour
All bikes are very well maintained and we use well-known makes of hybrid or mountain bikes with lightweight alloy frames, 24- to 27-speed, v-brakes and Shimano components and front suspension.
Food and Drink
Meals are included. Meals are delicous and nutricious. We promise! Any special dietary requirements can also be catered for as well. Please let us know when you book with us.
It's always important that you drink lots of cold water, energy-restoring drinkg and local fruit. These are all provided and soft drinks too are all included in your tour price.
Tour Itinerary & Map (below)
7:00 am. Start the day with an early pick up from your hotel in BKK then make a short transfer to Ancient City to explore Thailand in the old days. Ride through Thailand from north to south on shaded roads, visit the delicately constructed architectures of different regions and experience a traditional Thai way of life. Food and desserts are available in an old style market.
After the Ancient City, we pack our bikes and transfer to the Nong Kho Reservoir. A smooth tarmac and hard-packed dirt roads lead you off the beaten track. Pineapple and tapioca fields line the waysides as you cycle along this relaxing route. Have lunch at a local restaurant before continue to Khao Kheow Open Zoo.
Check-in to your safari style tent and get ready for a journey into the jungle with our “After Dark Night Safari”.
Ride 30km today.
We begin the morning by joining “Suriya”, a famous Orangutan at Khao Kheow who enjoys his breakfast in his own style. Then we saddle-up and cycle around the zoo to explore the daily life of the animals. Visit the giraffes and see how their wild African colleagues spend their days in this ample open environment. Walk through the huge aviary; an open area which is brimful with waterfalls, streams, ponds and variety of plants to create a perfect natural home to the resident birds. As you cycle, watch out for deers and monkeys, friendly hosts who always roam freely here.
We offer the option this afternoon for anyone who is looking for a greater taste of adventure; travel through the jungle by zipline! Hopping from one tree to another, you will get to explore the forest like 'tarzan'. Three hours on a zipline and one more hour trekking in the forest will get you extremely close to nature. Transfer back to Bangkok in late afternoon.
Ride 10 km today.
Good to Know
Accommodations and Trip Route
The cycling routes are chosen to give you the best scenery and a great ride on the best terrain, be it on road or dirt. Please read the itinerary for the names of places where we will stay. We carefully choose your accommodations. Please see the itinerary!
Good quality tarmac roads or dirt tracks over primarily flat terrain with a few small hills, mixing hard-packed jeep trails and smooth tarmac.
Basic spares and tools are carried by the guide and on the support vehicle, though we cannot guarantee having spares for every conceivable problem.
Wearing a helmet is strongly recommended on all our biking adventures and if you choose not to wear one you will be asked to sign a liability waiver. Some tour leaders are trained in first aid and emergency rescue, but you must be responsible for your own safety while riding.
We will be supported by an air-conditioned vehicle that has been specially modified for cycle tours. The vehicle follow us the whole time and it is very easy to get bikes on and off, so you can rest when you are tired and cycle whenever you feel like it.
Passports and Visas
All nationalities require a passport for entry into Thailand. Please ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 months from date of entry. If staying less than 30 days then a visa in advance is not required by European, North American, Australian and many other nationalities.
We recommend that you visit a travel medical doctor and ask about the following vaccinations: typhoid, polio, tetanus and hepatitis A.
Thailand has three seasons: from March to June it is hot and dry, with temperatures between 27 and 40C, with night temperatures in the 20s. The rainy season is from July to October, but temperatures are slightly lower, because of the effect of the rain. During this time it will not rain continuously. Mostly in the morning or evening.
The Thai currency is the Baht. ATMs are abundant and its the easiest ways to get Thai baht. Have a supply of US dollars in cash on hand, just in case your card doesn’t work. Banks or the more rare private money changers offer the best foreign-exchange rates. Credit cards are accepted in big cities and resort hotels but you’ll need Thai baht for family-run guesthouses or small restaurants.
Terms & Conditions
Booking the Tour
- Prices in USD, price per person, minimum 2 persons per booking required or add single supplement fee for solo traveler.
- Same day confirmations
- Suggest booking one month in advance for high season (November 1 to April 30) but try anytime. Its a Join In tour!
- We accept secure payments by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal
- TourChoice does not receive any customer sensitive data from credit card processing companies
- Prepayment in full once your reservation has been confirmed by TourChoice.com
- A booking voucher & invoice will be emailed to you immediately upon confirmation of your reservation.
- Please read about TourChoice.com's unique consumer protection under About Us
When Booking, Please Provide:
- First name & Family name and email address
- Heights of all guests; to select correct bike size (comments field on booking page)
- Pick up & Drop off location if known (comments field on booking page) if not known, we will remind you
- Dietary or special meal requirement(s) (comments field)
- Departs every Wednesday from Bangkok
- This fun tour operates on a join in basis
- Groups are never more than 16 people, often less than 10
- Pick up times at your hotel are between 6:30 am to 7:30 am Bangkok to exit before traffic
- The tour desk will call you at your hotel the night before. Please ensure your guest check in name is the same as the guest name that we have on file.
Refund / Cancellation Policy:
If the guest cancels the trip, the following applies: Number of days prior to trip start:
- 7 days or more - full refund less 5% of tour price
- 6 to 3 days - full refund less 25% of tour price
- 1 or 2 days before - refund less 50% of tour price
- No show - forfiet 100% of tour price
Child Policy & Single Supplement Fee
- Child rate from $239 to $264, season depending
- Single supplement fee, $46
Changes to Itinerary
In remote destinations, road, weather or other conditions can occasionally change which means the itinerary can be subject to change. The guides will do their best to adhere to the original itinerary but the occassional change can occur so its best for guests to remain flexible and just have a great time.
Ask about Zoo Safari Explorer